Ribbon Craft

Inspiring creativity through exquisite ribbon!

Ribbons featured in can be found on our website
Over the Moon Ribbons

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wired or Unwired?



Hi and happy New Year. You may have “the holidays are over” itis.  I get it about now every year but it doesn’t last long  because I am one of those people that actually like winter!

It’s a beautiful winter morning here on the mountain.  This is a view from where we eat breakfast and bird watch every day.





Many people don’t realize that you can remove the wire from a ribbon if you want to use a ribbon that won’t get bent or squashed.  Just grab the wire and remove it like I'm demonstrating here.





You would want to do this if the bow is going to be handled frequently, or there is a chance it will be brushed by a lot, or something may sit on top of it. (Examples pillow trim or drapery trim, bridal and bridesmaid bouquets, hair bows)


















Whoa, look at that squished one.




 Let me show you the difference.

















 A simple bow made from unwired ribbon.






















Wired bow.

 



I know many of my customers like to use our toile ribbon as tie backs for curtains.  This is a case where I would suggest leaving the wire in place. Here’s a sample on curtains in our Granddaughters room.








Next week -- valentine craft tips, meanwhile keep crafting, and enjoy the winter.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ribbon Lady and Happy New Year, you know it never crossed my mind to remove the wire, thanks for the tip! Mara

    ReplyDelete