Ribbon Craft

Inspiring creativity through exquisite ribbon!

Ribbons featured in can be found on our website
Over the Moon Ribbons

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It's July 5th, that means yesterday was the 4th of July.


These holidays always bring a large surge of patriotism to my sole.I am one of those that cry at parades, and the Hallmark card counter.

I missed the parade yesterday, but didn't miss the family picnic---I love watermelon on the 4th,I know it has a lot of carbs but I enjoyed it.

The patriotic spirit took me back to Memorial day weekend, when I visited with my friend Donna in Auburn NY. One of the local Schools sponsored a fund raiser. Residents were offered an opportunity to purchase a flag, in honor or in memory of a friend or loved one. Each flag was tagged with names of the donators as well as the honoree. All were carefully placed in alphabetical order so the donors could claim their flags after the weekend.

To see 4500 Flags around this lovely pond, with a beautiful gazebo as it,s centerpiece was quite a site,and touched me deeply.

Only one thing could have made it better-----attach the tags with Over the Moon Ribbons.

May the Star Spangled Banner wave

No comments:

Post a Comment